Health and Safety
DW Landscaping recognises Health and Safety as a serious issue within the work place and as such have a strict policy which is rigidly upheld. All members of staff are fully trained and as a CHAS registered company, we continually work to maintain a safe working environment not only for ourselves but also for our clients. Also all staff are DBS checked (formerly known as CRB) and hold the relevant documentation.
We are committed to reducing the impact of our activities on the environment and as such continue to promote and maintain an environmental policy that reduces the impact we have on the environment to as low a level as possible.
The following objectives are just an example of some of our policies that are pursued continually in our commitment to achieve the best environmental outcome as possible and are periodically reviewed:
- We adhere to and comply with all applicable environmental applications and legislations.
- To minimise our carbon footprint where possible e.g. by sourcing plants as locally as possible, the majority of which are grown on our own nursery.
- To minimise noise pollution through the use of battery operated machinery i.e. battery operated leaf blowers, strimmers etc.
- We endeavour to reduce the amount of waste we produce and wherever possible encourage recycling e.g. leaves and clippings collected during our maintenance visits are composted down and used in our nursery whilst Christmas trees, for example, are shredded and again composted or used as a mulch.
- Wherever possible, we will use non chemical methods to eliminate a pest or weed such as Nematodes to treat plant pests.
- Encourage clients to adopt a planting scheme that is adheres to the principles of Biodiversity e.g. using plants which attract insects and birds, helping the natural ecology.